After intensive research we introduce our own Prusament Resin for SLA printers! It offers fast and reliable printing, but also greater comfort and safety during use. The ingredients are chosen to minimize bad odor and health risks.
Mechanical properties are optimized as well, to help create solid, highly resistant prints. The main reason for developing our own resin has been our dissatisfaction with existing resins on the market.
Our priorities were pretty much clear from the beginning: we wanted to make a high-quality resin that would be easy to print, with high detail, the lowest possible odor, and health risk. Our research gave us the possibility to control and select every ingredient to make a resin with desired properties, especially with as low negative health effects as possible.
The health aspect seemed essential to us since regular tough resins are frequently used for hobby purposes at home. That’s why we tried to avoid chemicals with a strong odor, health risks, high toxicity, and also mixtures containing Bisphenol-A. The final product is a resin with a lower odor and health impact, compared to the other products on the market.
Printing with the Original Prusa SL1S SPEED
Prusament Resin itself is perfectly usable with third-party MSLA 3D printers. However, it was tailor-made for the Original Prusa SL1S SPEED. In combination with SL1S, you’ll get astonishing speed without losing any print details! Thanks to the monochromatic display and fast tilt mechanism it’s possible to print with exposure as short as 2.4s per layer! SL1S SPEED will help you make models with amazing details and much quicker than with other machines, FFF/FDM printers included!
Material type and color
For now, we offer tough resins which are good mostly for printing tiny parts with great detail, for example, plastic models, action figures, jewelry, various prototypes, etc. You may buy the Prusament tough resin in three colors: Prusa Orange, Rich Black and Anthracite grey. But don’t worry, our plans are big and in the future, we’ll extend our portfolio with other colors and types of material!
1.6 - 2.4s per layer, depending on the object complexity
Short exposure time (2.4s)
The uncured resin might pose a health risk
Great print detail
Low temperature resistance (50 °C)
Good deformation resistance
Low health impact
Does not contain Bisphenol A
Examples of use
Model & hobby
Thanks to the high level of detail, this material is suitable for tiny and detailed action models, prototypes, and large project accessories. Material can be easily sanded, both dry and wet.
Short exposure time and the perfect level of detail make the MSLA technology suitable for small and detailed prototypes that can’t be done with FFF/FDM printers. Plus, overall MSLA printing time is shorter than with FFF/FDM.
Prusament Tough Resin can be used for making both simple and more complex molds. You can either print a master model to make a mold from it or you can print the mold itself, for example for casting silicone.
Low odor, easy usage, and low health impact make Prusament Tough Resin great for printing detailed educational models.
Art & design
The ability to print very delicate structures makes Prusament Tough Resin suitable for designers and artists. Prusament Tough Resin offers both simplicity and precision.
Safety precautions and manipulation with resin
Before you start using Prusament Tough Resin, don’t forget to read the material safety data sheet (MSDS) uploaded at prusament.com. Here, we sum up only a few tips that might make your life with resin a little easier. ;-)
- Always remember that despite our hardest efforts, all liquid resins still might pose a health risk. Use protective equipment, especially gloves, every time you work with resin. Prevent contact with skin, eyes, and mouth.
- Accidents happen even to the most experienced users. If resin gets on your printer, table, or anything else, don’t wait and clean it immediately with paper towels and isopropyl alcohol (IPA), before it gets cured by the daylight.
- Strangely enough, there is not much information available about waste disposal and recycling 3D printed products. Let’s sum up how we deal with resin waste: Uncured resin leftovers should be disposed of with other dangerous chemicals at places designated for it. It cannot be recycled and definitely should not end in general waste.
The same rule applies to bottles, paper towels, and models stained with liquid (uncured) resin. However, cured resin (reactoplastic material) is, unlike filaments (thermoplastic material), a non-recyclable material - it belongs in the general waste.
Would you like to know more about the parameters of Prusament Tough Resin? Don’t forget to see our resin section at prusament.com. We believe that our resin will help you to make nice and amazing prints. We’re looking forward to seeing your great ideas.
Why order from Rising Sun FPV?• FREE Express* shipping over $250.
• Orders ship out of Townsville, QLD, Australia at 1530.
• Active on Instagram - Tag us or DM us!
• Watch what we are up to on our YouTube Channel!
• Join our Facebook Page for updates and RSFPV news.
• GST Registered.
• Gifts with every order!
• Veteran Owned and Operated
• Defence and Service discounts - Apply Here
• 3D Printing and Custom design – Inquire Here.
• Visit us at our Store and have a yarn.
• FPV Drone service, support and repairs.
• Earn points for every $1 spent.