Same Day Dispatch
Multi Material Upgrade 2S (MMU2S) is a brand new and improved version of the Multi Material Upgrade 2.0. With an easier calibration process, a new filament sensor, and a standalone filament buffer, the MMU2S is more reliable than ever before.
PLEASE NOTE THAT FREE SHIPPING DOES NOT APPLY TO THIS ITEM.
NEW FILAMENT SENSOR
With the MMU2S we managed to sense not only that the filament is present, but that it actually reached the Bondtech gears. The filament sensor detects when the idler doors open a bit as the filament pushes Bondtechs apart. MMU2S is much more reliable regarding reloading filaments and the calibration process is also simplified.
The MMU2S comes with the filament buffer, a device designed to prevent filament tangling during loading / unloading process. The buffer allows you to position the five filament spools more freely and also saves valuable space on your desk.
The testing process of the MMU2S took 2 months to finish, we used 20 printers and we printed 478 test blocks designed to test frequent switching of all five filaments. The total value of filament changes was nearly 600.000. More than 93 % of this prints were successfully completed.
Multi Material Upgrade 2S (MMU2S) is the second generation of our unique multi-material addon, which enables your Original Prusa i3 MK2.5S or MK3S/+ 3D printer to print with up to 5 filaments at the same time.
Compared to MMU1, the new MMU2S went through a major revision, resulting in a simpler and more reliable design. The number of simultaneously supported filaments increased to a total of five, which enables the users to print even more complex and more colorful objects.
MMU2S comes with a redesigned body and a new filament loading mechanism. Instead of the previous Bowden system, the new unit uses a direct-drive feed and a single PTFE tube to lead the selected filament to the extruder. The motorized selector head has a F.I.N.D.A filament sensor and a built-in blade, which prevents filament jamming.
SEE THE MMU2S IN ACTION!
How does MMU2S work?
The most significant new features of Original Prusa i3 MMU2S
MMU2S has a brand new body with a rotating pulley barrel and a single extruder motor. Load up to 5 filaments and the selector head with a filament-cutting blade will take care of automatic loading and unloading.
The second generation of our Multi Material Upgrade supports up to 5 filaments loaded at the same time. Apart from usual materials like ABS, PETG or PLA, the MMU 2.0 also works great with soluble supports (BVOH or PVA).
We have replaced the previous generation's Bowden system with a new direct-drive mechanism. This change is a major step forward in making the filament loading process more reliable and less prone to jamming.
F.I.N.D.A FILAMENT SENSOR
Meet F.I.N.D.A! It's essentialy a repurposed P.I.N.D.A probe, which now serves as a filament sensor. It works on a mechanical basis - the string of filament lifts a small stainless steel ball and F.I.N.D.A detects its proximity.
WIPE INTO INFILL / OBJECT
Our slicing software Slic3r PE comes with full MMU 2.0 support and a set of useful features, such as Smart wipe tower, Wipe into infill or Wipe into object. These features help you save time and filament.
FILAMENT BUFFER INCLUDED
The MMU2S comes with the Filament Buffer, a device designed to prevent filament tangling during loading / unloading process. The buffer allows you to position the five filament spools more freely and also saves valuable space on your desk.
FULL FEATURES LIST
MULTI MATERIAL UPGRADE 2S FEATURES
- Completely redesigned body: less complex and more reliable design
- Printing with up to five filaments at the same time
- Old Bowden system replaced with a direct-drive loading mechanism with only a single PTFE tube leading filament to the extruder
- Less sensitive to filament quality
- Second generation electronics
- F.I.N.D.A. filament sensor
- Motorized selector head with filament cutter
- Power loss detection and recovery
- Smart software features: Smart wipe tower, Wipe to infill, Wipe into object and many more
- Works in two modes: Multi-Material Mode and Single Mode (Single mode is the same as printing on MK3S/2.5S).
- Includes the Filament Buffer, a device designed to prevent filament tangling
- Original Prusa i3 MK3 (with upgrade) and MK3S and MK3S+
- Original Prusa i3 MK2.5S
- Soluble Materials (BVOH, PVA)
• Orders ship out of Townsville, QLD, Australia at 1530.
• Active on Instagram - Tag us or DM us!
• Watch what we are up to on our YouTube Channel!
• Join our Facebook Page for updates and RSFPV news.
• GST Registered.
• Gifts with every order!
• Veteran Owned and Operated
• Defence and Service discounts - Apply Here
• 3D Printing and Custom design – Inquire Here.
• Visit us at our Store and have a yarn.
• FPV Drone service, support and repairs.
• Earn points for every $1 spent.