A pack of 3 new and improved high-temperature non-stick silicone socks for E3D HotEnds. Keep your heater block clean and well-insulated with a cozy blue sock, stylishly emblazoned with the E3D logo.
Please note that this is the standard E3D silicone sock that ships with all our V6 and Lite6 HotEnds as of May 2017. If you prefer the classic-style sock it is still available!
With these little guys we've made some small but significant changes to make 3D printing with E3D HotEnds even easier, cleaner, and faster. They cling tightly to the heater block and last longer than ever before!
We believe that this new design will better suit the needs of 99% of our customers, but if you believe that you're in the 1% you can find the old style socks listed on our website as V6 Pro Silicone Socks.
- Made of a heat-resistant, non-stick silicone material our socks will repel build-up of molten plastic. This really helps with sticky materials like Co-Polyesters and filled materials that like to build upon nozzles.
- These also offer a huge boost in temperature stability, particularly if you use high airflow cooling around the nozzle to cool the print. The additional cooling combined with reduced radiation of heat from the block and nozzle to the print really boost the ability to print great overhangs and bridges, all while keeping the HotEnd temperature extremely stable.
- The covers simply push onto the front of the HotEnd with no disassembly - they will be a tight fit when first pushed on cold. When hot the silicone will expand to the correct size to fit the snugly.
V6 socks come in a pack of 3 because they don’t last forever. Depending on what materials you print and how much abuse they get they eventually wear away at the nozzle tip. Even with sticky abrasive materials and a bit of abuse they should easily last 100+ print hours. With less sticky materials like ABS and gentler use you can get almost infinite life. Your mileage may vary.
Why order from Rising Sun FPV?• FREE Express* shipping over $250.
• Orders ship out of Townsville, QLD, Australia at 1530.
• Active on Instagram - Tag us or DM us!
• Watch what we are up to on our YouTube Channel!
• Join our Facebook Page for updates and RSFPV news.
• GST Registered.
• Gifts with every order!
• Veteran Owned and Operated
• Defence and Service discounts - Apply Here
• 3D Printing and Custom design – Inquire Here.
• Visit us at our Store and have a yarn.
• FPV Drone service, support and repairs.
• Earn points for every $1 spent.