Same Day Dispatch
HDZero Freestyle Video Transmitter
The HDZero Freestyle VTX is a digital HD 720p 60fps 5.8GHZ video transmitter.
The power input range is 2S –4S. Though the VTX integrates a surge protection circuit, a large capacitor (450+uF) parallel with battery leads is mandatory to smooth the power supply of the whole quad.
The VTX includes a BEC that converts 2S-6S to fixed 5.8V with maximum 5A output current. The VTX also includes an U.FL RHCP antenna.
- Do not directly connect this VTX with 5S/6S battery.
- Use 2S-4S VBAT, or included BEC, or FC with built-in BEC:
- The Freestyle VTX consumes up to 15W. If it is connected with FC that has built-in BEC output, make sure the BEC has enough current. For example, the BEC has 10V, it needs minimum 1.5A current output.
- Removing the heat sink is not recommended because it is part of the design.
|Model||HDZero Freestyle VTX|
|Mounting Pattern||30x30mm M3 holes|
|Antenna Interface||Secured U.FL|
|Video In||Secured MIPI|
|MSP Canvas Mode||Yes|
|Operating Temperature||32˚F-104 ˚F (0˚-40˚C)|
• Orders ship out of Townsville, QLD, Australia at 1530.
• Active on Instagram - Tag us or DM us!
• Watch what we are up to on our YouTube Channel!
• Join our Facebook Page for updates and RSFPV news.
• GST Registered.
• Gifts with every order!
• Veteran Owned and Operated
• Defence and Service discounts - Apply Here
• 3D Printing and Custom design – Inquire Here.
• Visit us at our Store and have a yarn.
• FPV Drone service, support and repairs.
• Earn points for every $1 spent.
I already have a Freestyle VTX so very familiar with the item. I considered DJI and Walksnail gear before deciding on HD-Zero because for me it is a more versatile and open ecosystem than others. I dont use goggles for most of my flying, I mostly use the video for marker and telemetry information. While not scientific by any means I have managed to tx/rx video in a dense 2.5km area without having clear LOS. The heatsink helps immensely but does get "destroying itself" hot if run on the bench at anything but 0mw. Its this reason I have a Whoop and Whoop Lite sitting in the spare parts tub. HD Zero are excellent with Updates compared to bigger players in the game.6 out of 5 stars.